TWW Blog

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blog. Putting the wackiness back in Wrong Way. Let the hijinks ensue...

Saturday, January 21, 2006

LSD Ride my A$$!!!


Okay, so I missed the LSD ride with the boyz and Bellaz. So I figured I'd do my own - just by myself though. Wouldn't want to show the competition just how out of shape I am.

My plan was to leave at 7am, but due to it being to dang* cold and I was too tired, the ride started at 11am. Still in the 40's though but I was ready. Had laid everything out last night. Good preparation so I could maximize my ride time. Well, the late start should've been a clue. But I had no clue so off I went.

I was going to do an out and back so about an hour out I noticed something weird happening. My a$$ seemed like it was practically on the rear wheel. Not good. Pull over, get out my handy dandy tool and fix the problem. Uh, well, kinda forgot the handy dandy tool so that was another problem. That's cool though, I'm sure I'll see another cyclist soon... A 3-hour tour...

Finally after pedaling for 45+ minutes standing up the entire time, I ran into a fellow cyclist. And he had an allen wrench! Cool. He recognized the TWW logo and said he had a co-worker who was on the team. I said, "Who?" He said, "Nick." You've got to be kidding me! What are the odds?!!!

Back to the rollers in the garage where I am safe... Oh and that performance was not anywhere even close to the studliness of Cindy Whitehead.

7 Comments:

  • At 1/22/2006, Blogger X Bunny said…

    thanks for the FTF link

    I met Jackie Phelan at least 15 years ago.

    She had a cupie doll or something attached to her helmet which I thought was cool. (Early Bella tendencies). I was a race supporter/spectator and she came up to me and told me I should be racing.

    Better late than never.

    I think I'll attach a bunny to my cx bike in her honor.

     
  • At 1/22/2006, Blogger ginmtb said…

    Did you read the little blurb on Cindy Whitehead? Nearly 50 miles without a seat? Talk about a stud.

     
  • At 1/22/2006, Blogger X Bunny said…

    of course
    stud
    crazy
    all those fit her

     
  • At 1/22/2006, Blogger Velo Bella said…

    dude

    this has nothing to do with anything..
    but I just noticed that you live in Danville. We rode to Danville today...and man...the luxury SUV concentration of that place is out of control We even swung by some shopping center that has a plastic surgery center in it. Like, someone would be all..."I think I'll go shoe shopping and then maybe stop off and have a quick nose job"

    Weird scene.

    We didn't see the Chuck E Cheese.

     
  • At 1/22/2006, Blogger ginmtb said…

    Yes, it is quite appalling to be honest with you. Not to mention the luxury sedans too - I just had a run in with Mr. Jacka$$-I-don't-have-to-follow-the-rules-of-the-road-and-I'm-far-superior-to-you BMW driver. What a Richard Cranium. Funny, it was a BMW wagon. Talk about taking the balls right off of that car. BTW, we don't own a luxury sedan (just an old '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee - looks like a toy car next to everyone elses).

    I guess the porcupine/BMW owner thing fit perfectly here. Too bad my daughter was in the car otherwise I was ready to thrown down (no sumo suits available).

    Oh, no Chuck E. Cheese here - puh-leeze. The Town would have no such thing. We have to go to the hood of Dublin for Chuck E. Cheese.

    Sometimes this place makes me sick. The land of entitlement... oh, but the schools are great. Too bad all these spoiled kids go to them. Gonna take some work to keep the daughter well grounded.

     
  • At 1/23/2006, Blogger Velo Bella said…

    Methinks your daughter will be just fine. Maybe a little traumatized with memories of a giant pizza rodent...but otherwise just fine.

     
  • At 1/24/2006, Blogger ginmtb said…

    Dang, check out the legs on this shot:

    Makes my legs look like toothpicks

    Thanks for the link Repack Rider!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home