Highlights from the Sea Otter pre-ride
Okay so decided with a few weeks left before the SOC, would be a good thing to maybe actually ride the bike. And why not pre-ride the course and kill two birds with one stone? Perhaps a bit aggressive for the little riding I've done, but I subscribe to the "Go big or go home!" theory. And of course I should've gone home. Had a lot of fun despite the pain and got some good blog material:
1) Sabine is pretty darn fast - we battled during the first half of the ride, her usually putting the hammer down on me. I kept trying to cover her attacks due to the testosterone in me, but I had no bidness trying to do so. Oh well. It was fun and she usually took good lines. I basically didn't see her on the climbs out though since I was fighting Uncle Crampy. Memo to self - ride bike more. Oh BTW, got the test results back from my doctor and you may be getting a phone call...
2) We waited to start the ride for Mo and Isaias. And then we hardly saw them on the ride. Hmm... Mo, when does the base building stage end?
3) Ms. Lorri of Velo Girls is a sandbagger! :) Cool pants though.
4) Alan despite his collarbone still feeling kinda funky since the break is still a monster. Can't believe he climbed that nasty climb in his 2:1 geared SS. Sure you aren't going to race this year? Although I have to admit I like the idea of going to the races to hang out and have fun and not worry about racing.
5) My spin sucks compared the Mr. Henthorn's. Or maybe the high brown socks just made his spin look mo' bettah.
6) Dawn is too intelligent for most guys...