TWW Blog

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blog. Putting the wackiness back in Wrong Way. Let the hijinks ensue...

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Cross Training


2 hours, high intensity, jam packed with competitors, skill contests, and chewing on bad food. One of those old school races where MTBers did all the disciplines? (i.e. XC, DH, OT, etc.). Nope. TWW Olympics? Nope. Try a Chuck E. Cheese birthday party. Man, I'm spent. Hope I can recover enough for tomorrow's ride. It was as loud as a freakin' rock concert there.

One side note - I did see Julie Haener of KTVU there (at least I think so) - she looked pretty darn good. Oh my. Better looking than what I remembered on TV. Sorry, being a pig again.

5 Comments:

  • At 1/07/2006, Blogger X Bunny said…

    all the fumes from the velveeta cheese in that place clearly made you hallucinate

     
  • At 1/07/2006, Blogger ginmtb said…

    Well, not as hot as the Bellas but as moms go... man, that comment is going to get me in BIG T-R-U-B-B-L-E.

     
  • At 1/08/2006, Blogger Reed Maxwell said…

    You know, the alternate spelling of "trouble" does nothing to keep you out of it.

    Q: Did you race SS XC at the Otter last year? I think my wife and I pre-rode a good chunk of a lap w/ you, at least the final climb. She was on a Juliana in her Luna gear, I was in my usual "dark side" kit. We talked quite a bit, so if it wasn't you it was a TWWer who's very nice and friendly. They've probably been kicked off for that crap by now.

     
  • At 1/08/2006, Blogger ginmtb said…

    Yeah, that was me - now I remember you. Your wife had just recently had a baby. You guys laughed when I said so did we - five years ago.

    Just don't let anyone know that I was nice and friendly. I've got an image to maintain you know...

    As for the alternate spelling, as was explained in another person's blog that is now apparently gone, that is the country western version. Sing it, and you'll see - it definitely flows better with two B's instead of with the "O".

     
  • At 1/08/2006, Blogger bikenband said…

    Oh man, I just had to do the same thing today. Talk about pandimonium! It took us 20 minutes just to find a parking place. Once inside it was like a bunch of ants on a piece of hard candy..packed!!
    The pizza tasted like spam on cardboard. I'd rather do an 8 hour race solo, naked, in 40 degree weather.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home