TWW Blog

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blog. Putting the wackiness back in Wrong Way. Let the hijinks ensue...

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

To Sea Otter or not to Sea Otter, that is the question


Despite Sea Otter being just a week and a half away, despite being a "cyclist", for some reason I can't seem to find any motivation whatsoever to ride the bike with any intensity. My weight workouts are very intense. My running workouts are somewhat intense. But then I just spin lightly on my trainer.

So do I pay $62 to ride at Sea Otter? Or do I show up, volunteer, spectate, take pictures, schmooze, etc. and just have a grand ol' time? (but bring the bike to justify to the wife being gone all weekend for a race)


Maybe I'm still in my base building mode like Mo. Maybe I've reached the saturation point on training in the garage. Maybe I'll be like Frankie and just retire from racing (or at least take some time away from it). Weird. I'm suffering from burnout before even doing one race. What's up with that? How do the road boys race like every weekend for months on end? How come dog isn't spelled C-A-T?

Oh and with the disinterest in the bike, the blog inspiration hasn't been there eeder. Calgon take me away...

11 Comments:

  • At 4/03/2007, Blogger L. Christmas said…

    Gin-sta.. if you're lifting and running.. and taking care of your house...no wonder you can't ride hard. Riding hard takes a lot out of you... and who would want to do that if you're worn out?

    I go in and out of burn out ALL THE TIME... mostly cuz I have an attention span of a puppy. But training can really get old.
    The one thing that changed it for me though IS doing road races every weekend. There's lot's of hype EVERY week, and not wanting to get my but kicked all the time keeps me training. Problem is I get addicted to road races everyweek and have a hard time squeezing in mt. bike races.

    Oh.. as for Sea Otter... I love the venue, love the party, and hate the entry fee. If I wasn't going out of town on business, I'd go.. but probably not to race.

     
  • At 4/03/2007, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said…

    will calgon take two?

     
  • At 4/03/2007, Blogger ginmtb said…

    I missed the whole "cid" thing - can you please enlighten pab?

     
  • At 4/03/2007, Blogger Unknown said…

    I hear your pain.

     
  • At 4/04/2007, Blogger X Bunny said…

    give up the weights during race season

    roadies are freaks

    pab is a complex intellectual dumbass

     
  • At 4/04/2007, Blogger Velo Bella said…

    quit thinking so much. Just come out and play. Whether that means racing or not doesn't matter much.

     
  • At 4/04/2007, Blogger Pizie said…

    Go out and have a good time, drink some beer, screw racing (at least this one). Just be ready for DVille.

     
  • At 4/04/2007, Blogger ginmtb said…

    I'm having "skinny cyclist syndrome" - I'm actually liking some upper body strength and size again.

    Maybe I'll just target D-ville and the 8-hour (hopefully at Boggs this year). Two big ol' parties.

    Yup, maybe TWW photographer at the SOC this year...

     
  • At 4/04/2007, Blogger Sweet Cheeks said…

    Yay! someone to hang with. Wait until you see how much fun it is to be fresh and drink beer and talk all day while others are watching their diet and start times...

    and do bring your bike!

     
  • At 4/05/2007, Blogger Frank said…

    Go out and have a good time, drink some beer, screw racing (at least this one). Just be ready for DVille.


    hahaha...screw racing....that is some racing I'd train for :)

     
  • At 4/06/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Or you can eat and drink and race anyway. Take it like a ride...I will. And if you don't...let me know if you want to take charge of the camera!

    Kat

     

Post a Comment

<< Home