TWW Blog

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blog. Putting the wackiness back in Wrong Way. Let the hijinks ensue...

Monday, February 13, 2006

40:08


I normally don't like to give my "competition" any clues as to my fitness during my offseason double secret Russian training program. But since it is still early and I don't plan on racing until most likely Sea Otter, it should be safe to share this info.

Athenian to the junction of Mt. Diablo. Not great, not even good, but did so without pain and probably could've pushed harder. At this rate, should easily be sub-35 (which translates roughly to about 1:05ish to the summit from what I remember - not too bad for an out of shape dad) by the time Sea Otter rolls around. I'll be looking to kick some of my "competition's" arse in the SS challenge...

6 Comments:

  • At 2/13/2006, Blogger L. Christmas said…

    dude... you still ride bikes?

     
  • At 2/13/2006, Blogger ginmtb said…

    Yup, and you're on my list of casualties this year (assuming you ride on the dirt you roadie freak you).

     
  • At 2/14/2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said…

    numbers = total confusion

    i'm just going to try and get a wave of recognition the next time we see you on the road.

    you were motoring.

     
  • At 2/14/2006, Blogger ginmtb said…

    That was my pathetic time from Athenian school up South Gate road to the junction. Need to be in the low 30's... then I'll be happy.

     
  • At 2/14/2006, Blogger ginmtb said…

    I'm sure I did my hand flip (keeping hand on the handlebars for safety) and head nod... I do that to everyone assuming I'm coherent. That might explain things. Of course, next time wear your black getup and I'll have a better chance of recognizing you (oh and bring VB too since I pay more attention to the laaaaaaaaaadies).

     
  • At 2/14/2006, Blogger L. Christmas said…

    if you need coaching w/ the head nod, I can help.. but since I've started to riding up and down San Ramon Valley blvd... I've since taken off the helmet, put on my ipod, started to rotate through my Lombari, Sierra Nevada, and Discovery Team kits....

    .... and stopped acknowledging anyone.

    Sincerely,
    Poser

     

Post a Comment

<< Home