TWW Blog

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blog. Putting the wackiness back in Wrong Way. Let the hijinks ensue...

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Someone put a fork in me...


Okay, can someone help me here? What is the difference between overtraining and working hard to break through a plateau? Is it really a plateau or have you overtrained? What if cat were spelled, D-O-G?

The whole one step forward, two steps back thing I can deal with. But the one step forward, two steps backwards off of the cliff really kinda sucks.

Okay, maybe it is neither. I did have some blood drawn, but I keep telling myself, "they only took about 4-6 ounces of blood... can't make that much of a difference can it?" Maybe now that they're done testing it they can put it back in me. Hey, is that legal? Your thoughts Tyler?

Great, and Sea Otter is less than two weeks away. Muther phucker. Oh well, it is just a bike race. And it is still early in the season. D-ville is a long way away... Repeat. D-ville is a long way away...

7 Comments:

  • At 3/29/2006, Blogger X Bunny said…

    plateaus are like when you are trying to lose weight

    you cut back on your calories for weeks and nothing seems to happen, and then you wake up one day and you weigh 5lbs less

    or so coach tells me
    i'll send him your way for some better wisdom


    btw--4-6 ounces of blood? that's an awful lot...i hope you charged them for it

     
  • At 3/29/2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said…

    blood letting is SUCH a killer for training. i would give yourself some slack on that one.

    and remember, one day of riding does not a fitness gauge make.

    besides, if you're goin' all the way up diablo ... you're ready for a lap of the slOtter.

    please just start that race under control for the first couple miles ... i want to see you looking relatively good when i snap the photo at the end of your lap.

    ... wait a minute, you've been rather charming with all the bellas lately ... screw that, let's see some drool so i can use the pic in the upcoming blogfests.

     
  • At 3/29/2006, Blogger Velo Bella said…

    All for fun, remember?

     
  • At 3/29/2006, Blogger X Bunny said…

    $120?
    you're going to have to sell some more blood

     
  • At 3/29/2006, Blogger ginmtb said…

    Absolutely VB - I'll be sportin' the sombrero during my race so I'm not taking it too seriously. Just would like to beat a couple of teammates... I mean, that's all that really matters, right? :)

    Yeah, I remember donating blood once and then watching guys I could beat with one leg and both hands tied behind my back pedal away from me like I was standing still. I just figured though this was a small amount but apparently it was enough. I did a short workout on the rollers last night and again felt like crap. Definitely time for some R&R. Gotta catch up on my episodes of Grey's Anatomy... yeah baby!

    So I guess my interval program will be put on hold - ah shucks. And no more Diablo at this time. I can live with that. I was going to start tapering anyhow...

    Thanks y'all! BJM, let's just say we're all square with the web work I did for you. If this isn't suitable, I hope you have changed your password... :D

     
  • At 3/29/2006, Blogger ginmtb said…

    You didn't know I was the Mayor of Redondo Beach? And that this wife and child thing is just a front to my other lifestyle? Not that there is anything wrong with it, unless you're Jed...

     
  • At 3/30/2006, Blogger ginmtb said…

    I'm not really evil, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express...

    Nope, once I fixed your site I deleted that message with your password. Didn't want to be responsible "should something go haywire..." Plus, I couldn't sell it for much of anything on the Internet.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home