TWW Blog

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blog. Putting the wackiness back in Wrong Way. Let the hijinks ensue...

Saturday, April 01, 2006

April Fool's circa 1996


Not going to try to pull off any lame April Fool's joke - too obvious. But way back when I pulled this one off. Funny, I was getting calls and congratulations from a bunch of people (including some bike industry people who were on the newsletter distribution). Pay particular attention to the very last line. I did some highlighting for emphasis - that wasn't done on the original. Funny reading the old newsletters while searching for this - jeez, this was 10 years ago... I need to lay down.

*************************************************************************************
As I had told some of you, I sent in a resume to Mountain Bike Magazine for the position of assistant editor. I didn't think much of anything would become of it, but I sent it anyhow. Well it seems that they were interested in me. Very interested. First I had a phone interview with them. That went well. Then they flew me down to Los Angeles. I met with my mentor, Zapata Espinoza (his voice is much squeakier than I had imagined). He was very cool though. He told me what would be expected of me, editing, writing, riding, etc. It was an easy decision. Effectively, I would be doing what I'm doing for TWW and getting paid for it! Also, I would be reaching a true international market. Wow. And the best thing of all - I will be able to stay here in Northern California (thanks to computers, I will only have to travel to L.A. once per month for meetings).

So with great sadness, effective April 1, 1996, I will be resigning as President of Team Wrong Way. With this new position, it would be impossible to put as much time and effort into TWW that is necessary. If you're interested in taking over as President, please call me. TWW has come too far at this point to let die. It's been a great learning experience for me and definitely was a huge step in me getting this position. Through this entire experience, I learned one very important thing - A Person's Reputation Is Legitimized Fittingly Only On Luck Stupid!

*************************************************************************************

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home