TWW Blog

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blog. Putting the wackiness back in Wrong Way. Let the hijinks ensue...

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Next time he'll reconsider wearing the TWW kit


So an Asian guy wearing a TWW jersey made the podium at D-ville on Saturday. Unfortunately, said Asian wasn't me gol dang it (missed it by 1 spot - more details tomorrow).

Anyhow, Jaeill Park took 5th place with a time almost two minutes faster than me (he is under 35, so he was in a different class than me). So after being on the podium in the TWW kit, instead of basking in the glow of the podium, he had to tell a bunch of people that he was not me. It apparently got to this point:

"As soon as some random person started talking to me, the first thing out of my mouth was…."I am not Mike"…to that they responded by saying…"oh, I'm sorry I thought you were him"

I'm amazed that people know of me, considering I haven't done much racing. Guess maybe more than a handful of people read the blog... :)

So remember, his name is Jaeill Park. Congratulations on your podium ya bastage!!!

7 Comments:

  • At 7/31/2006, Blogger X Bunny said…

    the burden of fame....

     
  • At 7/31/2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said…

    ...

    ya'll look alike to us.

    ...

    sorry, couldn't help myself.

     
  • At 7/31/2006, Blogger ginmtb said…

    Actually that comment was in Jaeill's e-mail to me. But in reality I'm much better looking...

     
  • At 7/31/2006, Blogger xcslowpoke said…

    Gin & Park. Okay am I the only caucasian guy that can see the difference between a Chinese guy and Korean Guy? I hope not but when have run into a situation where I am surrounded by a bunch of Asian people and say to someone, "Yeah he is the Korean." They usually respond with "Okay, that's nice, now which one is he." Oh well.

    Congrats Jaeill!

     
  • At 7/31/2006, Blogger L. Christmas said…

    don't worry Jaeill, I too am Asian, but since I'm so much younger than Gin, people often think I'm Gin's son.

     
  • At 7/31/2006, Blogger ginmtb said…

    Hey I've got some nice bike stuff for sale since Lloyd apparently isn't smart enough to know when to run schmack. Dude, at least wait until you get your loot from me...

    Muwahahahahahahaha!!!

     
  • At 8/01/2006, Blogger Pizie said…

    Was he cute?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home