TWW Blog

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blog. Putting the wackiness back in Wrong Way. Let the hijinks ensue...

Thursday, September 21, 2006

I waced my mowntain bike


It's been over a year since either of my Mt. bikes have been ridin... 2 shoulder dislocations this year made me a bit hesitant.. so I became a full time roadie this year. But, then I realized that I've done at least 2 or 3 Mt. Bike races every year for like the past dozen years or so... crap.. I can't have a lapse like that....

So to redeem myself from my own personal wuss status.... (although I'm still a wuss)... I squeezed in the last Prarie City wed night race last night(the most non-techie race there is.. perfect for roadie wusses).

It's been 10 weeks since shoulder surgery.. but I've only been riding like your typ. weekend warrior... so going out to race hurt.. I tried to keep it slow.. but there's always a carrot in front of you.. beotches!! (place: not dfl baby)

I missed racing dirt.. the vibe in Folsom is cool.

-not "gin"

6 Comments:

  • At 9/21/2006, Blogger ginmtb said…

    Cool welcome back brudda!

    Now I need to get back on the bike...

     
  • At 9/21/2006, Blogger Ron Castia said…

    Speaking of racing:

    Gin, do you have any contact info for Carnegie or Club Moto?
    We are considering promoting a Cylocross race next year.

    zronn1@excite.com

     
  • At 9/21/2006, Blogger ginmtb said…

    Kirk Smith @ http://www.clubmoto.com/

    Make absolutely sure there is no sight of rain - the mud there is the stickiest, nastiest mud you'll ever run into. Wheels will lock up in a matter of seconds.

     
  • At 9/21/2006, Blogger xcslowpoke said…

    Glad to hear your back in the dirt Lloyd. Wow just realized I didn't do a single race this year, not even on the road. I can honestly say that I've been really busy. Have fun!

     
  • At 9/22/2006, Blogger Ron Castia said…

    It's for a cross race, them freaks like the mud.

     
  • At 9/22/2006, Blogger Ron Castia said…

    All the more reason to not have deraileurs, RIGHT?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home