TWW Blog

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blog. Putting the wackiness back in Wrong Way. Let the hijinks ensue...

Monday, October 30, 2006

It's official...


I'm retiring from all races other than the costume cross race. Man good fun. Thanks to the Bellas for putting on a great event.

Favorite quote:

PF - "Can I touch your top tube?"
*PV - "Why yes, and it's ovalized for your pleasure."

BTW - sorry for stepping on your toe - hopefully it doesn't hinder your adventure race.

(photo blatantly stolen from the VB site)


Other random events:

- oV is a good shot - he can fling cow dung with the best of them.
- I got my BRLights light - awesome baby!!!
- Setting up and watching the kiddie cross was great. Maybe I'll be able to convince my daughter to do the race soon.
- Memo to self - wear a different costume next time so I'm not DQ'd like Mr. George of the Jungle.
- The Blair Witch spiral was very cool.
- The muzak was rockin' - almost even made Kyle dance... okay, maybe not on the dancing part.

Had to leave early, so I missed the dance party. :( But I did get a little teeny bit jiggy (since PF told me to - when PF says jump I say "How high?").

* PV = Pancho Villa

14 Comments:

  • At 10/30/2006, Blogger maleonardphi said…

    Why did you get DQ'd?

     
  • At 10/30/2006, Blogger ginmtb said…

    I didn't get DQ'd - last time I checked I wasn't dressed as George of the Jungle...

    Some unwritten rule that you can't repeat your costume.

    I'm pretty sure I won that race (not sure if anyone else was stoopid enough to do three full laps... and a bunch of shortened laps).

     
  • At 10/30/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    He was busted for trying to steal the whip from the cow girl on the back of the tandem being captained by the cow.

    Oh my! In any other setting those words would sound like a scene from an acid trip.

     
  • At 10/30/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No, the winner was a Bottle of Tequila, second place was a Purple Jester being chased by Spiderman.

     
  • At 10/30/2006, Blogger ginmtb said…

    I'd like to file a formal protest of the results then...

     
  • At 10/30/2006, Blogger Velo Bella said…

    What happened to the Giant Strawberry with the hairy legs?

     
  • At 10/30/2006, Blogger Velo Bella said…

    And you're lucky we didn't DQ you for using a costume already used.

     
  • At 10/30/2006, Blogger ginmtb said…

    Hey, I wore a serape this time. And the Sea Otter wasn't an official VB promotion. And I took a cow dung to the grill from oV so I should get some award...

     
  • At 10/30/2006, Blogger xcslowpoke said…

    That was your award, you ate shite on a silver platter. Okay it was off a rim.

     
  • At 10/30/2006, Blogger ginmtb said…

    Actually he picked it up and threw it at me. Seemed kinda chocolatey, but not nutty. Reminded me of the days of when I used to eat chocolate Zingers (with the curly white frosting on top of it).

     
  • At 10/30/2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said…

    it felt like such a napoleon moment.

     
  • At 10/30/2006, Blogger X Bunny said…

    you were kicking our butts until we remembered we had local knowledge of the course and starting taking all the shortcuts

    thanks to brent for reminding us

    and thanks for the cheers--you are ready for the tour de france as senior tifosi

     
  • At 10/30/2006, Blogger Lilly Bella said…

    Its a written rule, in the Velobella costume race section T.A.1, I don't remember the exact words but any repeat costume worn by the same entrant is DQ'd with the exception of the original Gorilla, in which case the ape must make an appearance every Halloween to commerate the first organized Velobella Halloween Race.

    something like that anyway.

     
  • At 10/31/2006, Blogger Brent said…

    I was robbed! Robbed I tell ya.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home