TWW Blog

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blog. Putting the wackiness back in Wrong Way. Let the hijinks ensue...

Monday, January 08, 2007

Okay, since I was tagged...


By the lovely Miss Mary (thanks a bunch), here are the five things that you probably don't know about me (or don't really care to know or something like that):

1) First 10-speed bike I had I won via the Kellogg's Stick Up For Breakfast contest. I drew Snap, Crackle, and Pop camping. Snap and Crackle were up eating breakfast while Pop slept. Either Snap or Crackle said, "Come on Pop, it's time to Stick Up For Breakfast!" Only bummer was that I missed the Schwinn Varsity the year before and got the dreaded red, white, and blue Sears Free Spirit... :(

2) I started playing golf at age 11 and got pretty good - a low of 81 and my longest drive was 366 yards. Loved outhitting those big ol' burly dudes and making a little extra cash money.

3) Didn't go to my Senior prom. Shoot, didn't go to a single dance while in school. Was pretty much a nerd in school (unlike the stud muffin I am now), despite being on the varsity baseball team.

4) Have worked in my current job 16.5 years!!! Two weeks right after graduating from college I started work. Talk about old school. Dayamn.

5) Have never gotten a speeding ticket in my life. Probably shouldn't have said that since I'm sure I just jinxed myself there.

I won't tag anyone else because there is probably a lot of stuff we don't want to hear about from the TWW folks.

10 Comments:

  • At 1/08/2007, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said…

    my first "real" bike was a white (with red & blue) free spirit! I bought it from my big sister (the one moving to fiji) in 1976. I rode it until I graduated from college. I wonder where it is now?

     
  • At 1/09/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My dad is an engineer so he was always building me bikes. While the other kids had cool cro-molly mongooses, and $600 KP rippers, and the work horse red schwinn bmx bike. I had these funky home built skunk work flat black wierdos. They bought me a ten speed once for my birthday. It was the "dreaded R/W/B Free Spirit". I couldn't contain my disappointment when they surprised me with it. I was visibly shaken. Before seventh grade, I saved my own money and baught a used Centurion and stuck t-bars on it. From worst to best. K.PattyMac

     
  • At 1/09/2007, Blogger X Bunny said…

    thanks for stopping the tagging

    enough is enough

    and i am seriously frightened by the fact that 3 of your things are more or less true of me also

    don't expect me to tell you which ones....

     
  • At 1/09/2007, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said…

    Bunny is a long hitter....

     
  • At 1/09/2007, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said…

    Wow! All 3 of us had the r/w/b free spirit. And all along I thought mine was one-of-a-kind. I guess Sears made about fifty gazillion of them, eh?

     
  • At 1/09/2007, Blogger ginmtb said…

    I just remember how freakin' heavy that bike was - even back then. I think they must have used solid tubing.

    And XBun, I think the three you were also are pretty easy to figure out. I can't believe someone else won the Stick Up For Breakfast contest!!!

     
  • At 1/10/2007, Blogger Pizie said…

    My brother Albert and I had matching first bikes. I think I was about 4 year and he was 6 years old. We had these matching gold bikes (brand unknown) with a white seat. I remember the frame literally braking in half after hoping the curb. There went the handlebars while I was still sitting on the saddle. That’s Sucks!

     
  • At 1/10/2007, Blogger Pizie said…

    apparently, I'm still writing like I'm 4 years old.

     
  • At 1/10/2007, Blogger MoJito said…

    PattyMac-- my first "real" bike was a Centurion! My mother was soooo proud of herself for buying it. She still raves to this day about how they bought me a fancy French bike as my first bike. Being a mtb-er at heart, I hated it and rode it all of one time. Now I have more road bikes than fat tire bikes. Oh, the irony.

     
  • At 1/11/2007, Blogger xcslowpoke said…

    If you can get a speeding ticket in CA you deserve it. Lived there for 10 years and got passed by cops when I was doing 20 over, never got a speeding ticket the entire time. In other states I'd get pulled over and ticketed for being less than 5 over. Since you lived in CA your whole life, I'm not impressed.

    Some of the other stuff, scary.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home